Sunday, September 21, 2008

Everything is Illuminated.

Last Sunday, the air was thick and hot, the end of summer squeezing sweat out of us while Tessa and Brian made jar after jar of preserved tomato-based sauces. Tessa hates food waste (reasonably) to the point of obsession (unreasonably). Her food dryer, an Excaliber, is almost always on as kitchen white noise. In a food crisis, her round table would undoubtedly still be full of deliciousness and nutritiousness, unlike the tables of the rest of us lowly grocery-store dependents.



I can be sure now that that Sunday was the end of summer, because on Tuesday morning when I walked out of the house the sky was on fire. It won’t be long until the whole valley is up in flames, and I’ll take pictures, as long as I don’t catch as well.

1 comment:

Teacher Molly said...

That picture is sooooo pretty! It does not look like that in Nashville...at all.