Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Go Charlton!!


I went to a football match! Yeah, so I know very little about the teams I saw play-- Charlton Athletic vs Bolton Wanderers in the 3rd something of The Carling Cup-- other than their colors... but it was fun to go. Beth and I met Caroline, Jenn, and Neon at London Bridge Station and took the National Rail to Charlton and then there were tons of people all walking the same way so we just hopped in with them and they led us to the stadium! It wasn't nearly as insane as people had warned...maybe if I'd been able to understand what they were saying when they were chanting, but I couldn't. I didn't really approve of the fans booing the other team's players when they got hurt, though. Hmph!

Watching the game itself was fun-- we decided to go for Charlton, since they were the home team. Well, Caroline actually decided to go for the refs. We picked well-- Charlton scored early on and then kept the score 1-0 to the end. Obviously not the most score packed game ever, but the footwork was pretty. It made me miss spring of senior year when I saw the USN guy's soccer team play a whole lot... it's more fun when you know people and the team and can cheer, I've decided!

No comments: