Thursday, October 05, 2006

I blink and my week's over!


I actually like going to class in the mornings. Isn't that odd? I even like having a class from 4-5... it frames the day nicely. I think I must have been hit on the head really really hard.....

I had to read my poem first in Greek Mythology today which was less than ideal... but c'est la vie. The really notable thing in class was that the girl across from me (we sit in a circle-- well, square) was wearing a COMPLETELY see through shirt. Now, I'm not talking accidently see through. I mean black mesh with a black bra underneath. I can't even imagine thinking about wearing that to class. I can't imagine anyone thinking about wearing that to class. And then she flirted with the guy next to her! Flirted! In class! If this is what I've been missing while I was at Wellesley, then give me back my all-fully-dressed-women's college.

I started my first Thomas Hardy book, A Pair of Blue Eyes. It's amusing so far... really light and love-y and silly. I looked ahead, though, and it's not going to stay that way. (I've been looking ahead to the end constantly lately; it's ridiculous). Of course, I read Tess way back when, so I knew it wasn't going to work out peachy-keen! Thank you, 10th grade British Lit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked his writing style. I didn't really like the subject matter of Tess, but the writing style was amusing. I think I like that victorian stuff... (is he considered victorian?)
Tell me how the book is; maybe I'll read it.