WELL. A week is a very long time to have to write about, so I’m going to break it into two chunks and do one tonight and then one when I have time. There’s nothing going on in my life at present—just work work work—so living in the past is ok for now.
I left my dorm at 9:15 pm on Saturday night to go print out my bus ticket to Edinburgh, our hostel reservation slip, my plane ticket to Geneva, and my plane ticket back to London when I realized that the library was actually closed and I had nowhere to do the printing… luckily, Neon pulled through and printed it all. She and I met up with Caroline and Devin at
In the morning, I woke up feeling very, very not good. The girls grabbed breakfast and made me drink some water while I went back to bed for a little bit longer, which helped enough so off we went to the REAL National Gallery of Scotland! It was worth the wait—I enjoyed it! I was especially enjoying the statues for some reason. There was also a really neat textile piece done by a Scottish artist. I got separated from the girls at one point and, when looking for them, accidentally snuck into a paid exhibit. It was pretty intense—lots of dark rooms with big screens and loud black and white clips being played—except for this one room in the back corner with a mirror on the ground that had been shattered by a mangled tree that had landed on it. The roots were still there and dirty and there was another mirror on the wall. It was especially strange because when I walked into the room, a guard appeared out of nowhere and said, “You have now entered the most interesting part of the exhibit. A fallen tree.” And then he walked away again. It was surreal. After awhile, I found the girls again and we went to get lunch. As we were walking down the street, we passed a guitar player and his dog. The dog was sitting about 5 feet in front of him, holding a red cap in its mouth. It was a really picturesque moment, so I, of course, took a picture and then went to give the dog a little money because it seemed only fair. As I reached out to drop in the change, the dog dropped the hat and lay down at my feet. Whoops!
I would like to show you the picture of the dog. But I can’t. Because my camera deleted all the pictures from the week. It’s a tragedy. But I’m trying not to mope about it, so…yeah.
;<br>That afternoon we looked and looked for an internet café where the girls would be able to register the next afternoon. It took us a long time to find one, but we did in the end! So then we got to have dinner and hang out.
The next morning we went to the easyinternetcafe to get them registered! They got their classes, thank goodness, and then we grabbed some bread and cheese and water and walked up to Arthur’s Seat, one of the hills overlooking the city. It was pretty and we got to explore a little bit, though I finally put my foot down when it started to drizzle. We’d luckily made it back down by the time it started to pour. Always trust a nanny when she says it’s going to rain—you’ll be happier. We stopped off in a fudge shop and had some yummy chocolate walnut fudge while we dried off and it stopped raining. That night, we went to a nice Indian dinner and then hung out sleepily in the hostel until bedtime!
Wednesday morning we woke up, packed up our things, had some breakfast, left our bags in the luggage room, and did some last minute site seeing. We went and walked around the front of the
Monday, November 13, 2006
Part 1 of 2!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment