Tuesday, August 26, 2008

8-24 @ 8:42

((I'm going to be back-dating some of these posts. I write them in my journal, and then copy them over when I have a chance, which is whenever I'm not working, resting, or sleeping. Which doesn't leave a lot of time!))

It's still sinking in that I'm here. Joanna, Tessa, and I had a yummy dinner-- homemade onion soup, bread from the bakery on the property, collard greens from the garden, and a pretty tomato from the garden. We sat on the patio and talked about our various summer camps; Tessa works here year-round, and Joanna worked at a day camp in a Boston suburb. They called it "bubble camp" because there were so many rules about what the kids couldn't do. It didn't really sound like my sort of camp.

After dinner, Tessa introduced us to the horses, Dot and Brownie (who I'd introduced myself to earlier, but it was nice to have names with faces, so to speak). I got to feed them apples from a tree by the barn, and then we took them for their walk to the pasture-- they're a bit bigger than Rocky and Teddy!

Once we got back to the house, I decided to go back out b myself-- it was that pinkish-blue time of night, and I have cell phone service here! Unbelievable! I got to check in with Molly for a bit-- it helps this all seem more real if I tell people about it-- and now, at the oh-so-late hour of 9 pm (EST, so 8 pm in Nashville), I'm going to sleep!

No comments: