OK! So, third post of the day. Whew. I'm just going to do the highlights version because, well, I've been typing forever and want to be done.
This morning I didn't have to be at work until 6...woot! Joanna and I went to the Dairy from 6-7 and wrapped cheese. Then I sat in the kitchen and drank tea for awhile. Then we at 9 we met the farmers and apprentices by the CSA-shed (Community Supported Agriculture, which you should look up if you don't know what I mean because it's a really good program). I helped transplant lettuce and basil and parsley today, which involved sitting on a tractor-attachment and putting the plants in the holes the tractor was digging, which might sound easy but it actually isn't. We got a tour of the kitchen this afternoon today, too.
Highlights of the day:
-- seeing Sarah-the-apprentice get absolutely SOAKED by an irrigation tube when Will-the-apprentice was trying to move it. She was a really good sport about it. Irrigation systems give off a LOT of water
-- getting Will-the-apprentice to smile by being a little bit ridiculous (well, by being a little bit me). He's a pretty serious farm boy, so it's been a little challenge for myself.
-- telling Tessa what a great day I was having and some of the highlights before Nick walked in and asked about my day... so I had proof that I wasn't just kidding that it was a good day
-- getting almost every single one of the calves to come up to me and let me pet them! Kerry didn't really let me pet her, but I did anyways, and Nora was pretending not to be letting me pet her, but she was. Lilac hasn't let me near her, but she currently is being weaned and I wouldn't be in a good mood if I was her, either!
AND, I don't have to wake up until 7:15 tomorrow! SO good. I haven't slept that late... in forever, it feels like. I'll write more tomorrow, or saturday, and I'll also post pictures this weekend, I expect/hope!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment