Wednesday, September 06, 2006

And I would walk 500 miles...


Really, we've walked all over London. We've at least used the Tube bunches-- see tube map for all the stations I can remember looking through-- but my feet are tired!! We'd better find the perfect apartment soon because I don't think any of us can handle it much longer! Luckily, we've seen some cute things and I'm really hopeful that we're almost done. I personally think they should live in Angel, but that's just because I would love to live somewhere called Angel.
I'm enjoying seeing London a lot-- I'm going to be set by the time school starts. I understand the tube, I know locations, I have 2 non-american drinks that I like-- Strongbow (hard cider) and Ribena (black currant juice)... basically, I'm settling in just fine. I'm also good at understanding the English but not very good at talking to them. I don't want to be laughed at for not using the right words! Hopefully I'll get over that or we might have some problems. Once I have no choice, I'll be better about it. I do like listening to them-- their voices are so melodic! Very lilting, or maybe singsongy. Either way, nice to listen to. We'll see what I sound like by January!

No comments: