Saturday, September 09, 2006

Yesterday's was long so this'll just have to do.


This is going to have to be a quick one because I'm so very very sleepy. Today was really cool and touristy, yay!! We went down to the Westminster tube stop this morning and got on a little boat to take us up to Kew and then to Hampton Court. The boat was splendid because we heard all about London as we went upriver on the Thames-- Big Ben's tower super up close, Florence Nightengale's hospital, rich people's flats... You know, the works. By the time we got to Kew, we were completely done with the whole boat thing-- as lovely as it was, we didn't want to be on it for another 2.5 hours. We hopped on a bus the rest of the way (45 minutes) and arrived at Hampton Court around 2:00 which left plenty of time for exploring! It was really cool to be looking out windows that Queen Elizabeth had looked out of... there were other big names that went through there, but she's still my favorite monarch I've ever come across. Despite the fact that I'm sure we wouldn't have gotten along. I would have like to see what she was like as a 10 year old... We went through the tudor kitchens, Henry's wing, the Georgian section, some gardens, and the maze which we got to the center of without killing each other! We caught a train back to the center of town and headed home, all tuckered out! We had energy for another pub dinner at the Elgin... turns out it's an old church, which I find completely cool. Tomorrow's plans are pretty unclear...we'll just see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,
Can we switch lives please??? Yours sounds so exciting!!!!! I'm thrilled for you. It sounds like you're having a blast and you so deserve it!!! I'm really enjoying reading your comments. It's like I'm there with you....I wish I were. Have fun darling!!!!
Love,
Aunt Amy